Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why I Feed the Fire




The other day our little family went fishing. Well, it actually ended up that my husband Bill was fishing, and I was making sure the small children were not falling into the extremely high lake. With the 10 month old packed on my back, and the nearly 3 year old being so curious and inquisitive, we decided to go exploring...away from the lake. On our adventure we ended up playing in a little spring, tracking deer prints, tracking our own foot prints, and talking a little bit about what we would do in the mountains if we ever got "blost" (the way my daughter says lost...I hope she always says it that way). At one point in our conversation, out of the blue, my daughter looked up at me and said "Mom, you are my best friend I have ever seen!!"

It is not always easy to get out and be adventurous with these little tiny kiddos of mine. It sometimes means switching up activities from what the plan was, or from what I really want to do, but I tell you what, it doesn't get any better than this. I am a 3 year olds best friend she has ever seen, I am surrounded by pine trees a lake and the smell of campfire, and I am at peace. This is why I Feed the Fire!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And I love the pictures. Thanks for putting this blog together. We're excited to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete