Thursday, June 30, 2011

Maiden Voyage

This was the maiden voyage of our "new" old tent trailer. We have wanted to buy one since we first got married, and after eight years of waiting we decided that it was time to do it! Since we had a little extra money we paid cash and bought one that would fit the family budget. We found this cool 1995 Camplite trailer with a slide out and bought it for $2300 dollars off of KSL. It was a little more than we were planning on spending originally, but it is light enough for us to pull with our pilot which is a super important feature. And though it isn't fancy, with the slide out it has 1 queen, 2 full beds, and a twin. And the way our family is growing . . . it is perfect for us! So this was our first trip with our new tent trailer which I wanted the kids to name, but they thought that that was just way too silly. So it is yet to be named, but it is great. I decided that one of my favorite sounds in the world is when you get your kids to sleep while camping and then you stay up looking at the stars and listen to the fun night camp noises happening in all of the campsites around you. Maybe I am weird for thinking that. But I really do love it. I was lying there in the dark listening to the scouts yelling and having fun during the night, and I was thinking . . . "Is there anything better than this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment